Still producing a printed newsletter? Worried about how “green” your publication is? American Libraries recently ran a story with tips on simple ways to make your newsletter greener.
They really are simple.
Here are some of the tips provided:
- Limit the number of pages of each issue or find a way to print fewer pages.
- Start using recycled paper, ideally made with at least 80% recycled content.
- Instead of full-color, publish in black and white or two-color.
- Skip the glossy paper.
- Get a handle on the number of copies you print of each issue; don’t waste issues.
- Find a printer who embraces green printing practices.
Source: “Simple Ways to Make Your Library’s Newsletter Greener Today” by American Libraries